Coaching of Teams
We offer a range of coaching interventions for small, large or whole organisation teams.
Coaching for team performance issues
In our experience performance issues within teams invariably arise out of one or more of the following:
- Lack of agreed common purpose
- Problems around team leadership
- Lack of trust and openness
- Unfinished business or baggage between members of the team
- Poor communication
- Unclear roles
- Inefficient use of time
- Inability to deal with conflict constructively
Our expertise is in working through these types of issues thus enabling the team to move towards a higher level of performance. Coaching brings out the best in people and the way that they work with others. This then impacts on the success of the organisation.
Common benefits that teams experience from coaching include:
- Record annual profits
- Best ever staff survey
- Rapid achievement of Investors in People
- Improved sense of direction and focus
- Increased knowledge of self/self-awareness and others
- Improved ability to relate to and influence others
- Increased motivation
- Improved effectiveness, e.g. focused effort
- Increased resourcefulness/resilience, e.g. ability to handle change
Team effectiveness that is achieved through coaching brings about “synergy” – where the group effectiveness is greater than the sum of the individual effectiveness of each member of the team.
Our team coaching programme is a structured yet flexible intervention designed to improve team performance over a defined period of time, as opposed to a one-off exercise. The aim is to equip the team with the awareness, knowledge and skills that will allow them to monitor and improve performance themselves in the long-term.